VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT OF THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE OF SOUTHERN AFRICA (DMISA)
A dynamic professional body for Disaster Management in Southern Africa which is internationally recognised.
The Mission of DMISA is to be:
An accountable, quality-driven, trend-setting body striving towards continuous professional skills development through:
- established codes of conduct and ethical standards,
- promoting transparency and equity,
- advocating international Disaster Management best practice,
- nurturing a culture of disaster risk reduction,
- serving as the official voice of the profession, and
- fostering national and international communication networks and linkages.
– Accepted by DMISA Council on 14 March 2008.